Assignments

 Since I wrote about the overview of the assignments last semester, this time around I'm going to reflect on how I felt about particular assignments and maybe some extra credit options.  Last year I said I was most intrigued by the storybooks.  After browsing through the storybooks again this semester, I can see why that was the case.  I love how each project is completely unique in design and theme depending on the student.  Thinking back on last semester's class, though I found storybook assignments to sometimes be time-consuming, I also found them to be the most fulfilling.  I absolutely loved writing some of my stories; it's fun to be goofy and let loose! And I love that there are no rules or laws of physics in my storybook :) I'm looking forward to working on the project again this semester.  I liked the blog comments/feedback portion of the class because it let me feel like I was getting to know students better even though everything is virtual.  It was also constructive for me to see the feedback and input that others had for my own stories.  Overall, I really just enjoyed getting to share my own stories while having  others also share their own stories :) the atmosphere in the comment sections always seemed like a positive place, and this makes it easier to take critiques.  I also really appreciated the orientation section of this class.  I have never had a class similar to this one, so I was grateful to have the orientation to help me get into the swing of things and gather my bearings before we got deeper into the semester. Some of the extra credit options which appealed to me last semester were microfictions, extra readings and extra comments.  I'd like to try some new ones this semester--they all sound valuable and interesting in their own way! 



A dedication to the classic story "The Wizard of Oz" in South Dakota.  

source: commons 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ : )

My Favorite Place: Cairns, Australia