Feedback Thoughts

 The first article I chose to express my thoughts about feedback is called Seven ways to crush self-doubt.  I like the way that this author explained how self-doubt is relevant in his own life.  I think this would help his own audience realize that maybe everyone is insecure to some degree.  I appreciate that he was able to open up about the personal stuff going on for him! The list was helpful as well.  I like how there are seven definitive points that each have more details.  Some of them are pretty broad, so they are easy to apply.  The first two are classics: comparing yourself to others and abandon perfectionism.  I think it's so easy to compare yourself to others--we see other people on TV or on social media.  But a lot of times we aren't seeing the real version of that person.  Seeing a filtered picture or clip of an interview does not give insight into how others are living their day-to-day lives.  Everyone has their own issues.  No one lives a perfect life with no self-doubt.  I was glad to see the concept of growth mindset pop up again: it's pretty amazing to think that we can go the rest of our lives and continue to be students.  We can always learn more or find new hobbies.  The final one, trusting in yourself, is a big one.  Sometimes being capable just takes that simple belief in yourself.  It can make a huge difference.  That's something that I personally need to work on.  

The second article I am going to write about is called How to Get Past Negative Bias in order to Hard-wire Positive Experiences. I picked this one because it sounded interesting and relevant, and I didn't remember looking through it last semester :) I liked how this article talked about the neural activity that is behind all of our mental activity.  It's hard to imagine what all is going on up in my brain as I am typing this out! Regardless, it's incredible to think about the intricacies of life.  I like the concept of building up one's mental capacity for happiness.  It makes me feel like you can train your brain sort of like a muscle.  I was saddened to see that the brain has evolved to prioritize negative input over positive.  It is revealing as to why words can be so hurtful sometimes.  I think it could be important to absorb or reflect on positive moments and memories.  I have never thought to do that.  It seems like it would be beneficial to keep positive experiences as a priority while negative experiences are more so in the background.  Linking this types of experiences seems like it could lead to progress and could be an interesting way to get feedback.  


Selena Gomez has spoken out about how negative feedback on social media has affected her mental health.

source: commons


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ : )

My Favorite Place: Cairns, Australia