Week 12 Reading: Robin Hood Part B

 For part B of the reading, I enjoyed the Noble Fisherman.  It's pretty neat that Robin Hood will just decide to disguise himself as one thing or another.  This time, though, he wasn't really hiding from anyone with his disguise.  That's just how he liked to live, I suppose! Robin is a hustler; as he states that fishermen can make more money than even merchants, I am surprised he hasn't tried his luck at fishing before! He must be extremely charming...when he is in trouble, it always seems as though he is able to talk himself out of any situation.  And even when he's not in trouble, he manages to acquire a ship for himself for his fishing ventures.  I like how Robin takes it personally when the master of the ship blows off his comment about using his bow to fend off the French pirates...the master must not know of Robin's reputation.  I thought that was so cool how he requested to be tied to the mast to start shooting his arrows at the pirates! As if taking out a crew of pirates on your own wasn't enough.  I also enjoyed reading the story Robin Hood and Maid Marian.  It reminded me of watching the Robin Hood cartoon as a child! That one used to be one of my favorites.  So, I wonder if this Earl of Huntington is the same Robin Hood from before.  Or perhaps several different people picked up the alias "Robin Hood." It states his noble blood, which I don't remember from before.  Wow! Marian is incredible.  I wasn't really expecting to read about how she was going through the forest, armed and looking for Robin. He must have really left a good impression on her.  It does sound like his type of girl though: bold and brave! That's crazy that they were both somewhat disguised and, not recognizing each other, fought one another! It sounds like Marian held her own, though! I bet Robin really liked that.  I'm glad they found out each other's identity before too long.  And a banquet seemed like a lovely way to end that day in the forest.  

Bibliography: Robin Hood and Maid Marian by Francis James Child



This picture depicts Robin Hood and his gal, Maid Marian.

source: commons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ : )

My Favorite Place: Cairns, Australia